How To Open A Mazda Key Fob
If your Mazda key fob is not working properly, chances are you need to replace the battery in your key fob. To open a Mazda key fob, press the small button located on the back under the silver key ring. This will allow you to pull the manual accessory key out, and access the fob panel inside to change the battery or clean as needed. Once you have the open Mazda key fob, follow our guide to change the key fob battery and get back on Winter Garden roads.
How to Change a Mazda Key Fob Battery
Once you’ve removed the manual Mazda key, changing the battery is a breeze. You will need a small, flat-head screwdriver, and a CR2025 battery.* Once you have these items, follow these steps to open the Mazda key fob and replace the battery:
- Insert the screwdriver into the slots located where the manual key was removed. Gently twist, separating the fob’s two halves. You may need to use the screwdriver to help pry the sides completely apart.
- Once open, remove the rubber battery cover.
- Switch out the old battery for the new, ensuring the positive side is facing up.
- Reassemble the key fob pieces, pressing them firmly together.
- Insert the manual key back into the fob, and test to make sure it is working.
These steps should work for the most recent Mazda key fob styles, including the Mazda3. It’s always recommended you take a look at your owner’s manual to find the battery type your specific Mazda model requires.
Your Key to Great Service in Clermont
Headquarter Mazda wants to help Winter Garden drivers maintain their vehicles with ease, which is why our service department is here to help with all your service needs, including assisting with your key fob battery. We offer great service specials as well as detailed research like our Mazda3 vs. Subaru Impreza comparison, information on the Mazda CX-9 towing capabilities, or a guide to fun things to do in Clermont, to our Windermere and Leesburg customers, so visit our Mazda dealership in Clermont today!
*Check your owner’s manual to determine the specific battery type for your model.